Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rakes are not just for leaves

I know I said I would post pictures of my daughters room when it was done but I felt a little under the weather on Sunday and did not get to finish it. We will finish it this weekend and then I will post some pictures:). 

Have you been on pinterst.com yet? If you haven't check it out you must! Warning it can be very addicting, almost as addicting as chalkboard paint. About a month back I was browsing pinterst and I found the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. One of my friends pinned a picture of a garden rake turned necklace hanger. Who knew! I fell in love! I have been wondering what to do with all my necklaces for awhile. My lamp shade was getting heavy. So a few weeks back I decided to hunt down an old rake. I didn't know it would be that hard to find an old rake on this island! I went to garage sales, the restore, the metal junk yard and even asked my neighbors. I came up with nothing. I did not want to buy a new one but when I was at Walmart I decided to check how much they were selling for. Walmart had one for $5! I was ok with spending 5 bucks so I bought it. I was so excited to come home and transform it into my new necklace holder.

First I cut the wood pole off with my hand saw and then spray painted it. I had grey spray paint on hand so I decided to use that. After it had dried I wasn't fond of the grey. I wish I would have used a brighter, funkier color. But I ended up wrapping some rope around the handle to add something to it and then I loved it!


Here it is done! I was so happy with the way it turned out.  I think my necklaces are happy and so is my lamp shade:)



2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am sooo copying you! Don't worry I'll give you all the credit when people comment. :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! You better! PLEASE copy me thats what this blog is for:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete