Sunday, November 6, 2011

More Fall to Maui

I decorated for fall way before Halloween but never found the time to get the rest of these photos up. Here are more photos of my "Bringing Fall to Maui" in our home.

Front Entry Table
I found these cute yellow flowers and orange pumpkins at Safeway one day while shopping. I fell in love with them! I had passed them a few times on numerous occasions but never bought them cause I didn't want to spend the money. I am a coupon shopper and deal hunter. I spend about an hour going over my coupons and ads before hitting the store. Don't get me mixed up with the extreme couponers. I am defiantly not there. And on Maui you can't. No store here will double and are prices are just to high. Anyway I did so good on my shopping budget that day that I went back into the store and bought these lovely things with my leftover grocery money. I was so happy!! May sound funny to use your leftover grocery money to buy decorations for the home but to me I thought it was a brilliant idea!! I made two arrangements one for the front entry and the other for my kitchen island.

Kitchen Island

I thought the arrangements look a little scarce so I put some tree branches that I got from the side of the road and connected cut out book leafs I had already been making for a wreath. I will post on how to make those on a later date. They are so easy.  I used wire to connect them to the branch and they turned out beautiful.


A couple more pictures. I left my shells out and put one black pumpkin. Remember the ones I painted for the pallet shelf. I had one left over so I put it in with the shells. I thought it looked pretty cool. I also had one more chalkboard frame that I put the kids picture in. Then I filled my lantern with white beans and added a berry garland around it.




Usually my candle sticks are filled with shells but for fall I fill them with white beans and this year I added some wood pieces. I wrapped a shear ribbon around the candle and used my leafs I already had on hand with rope. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I love my shells but love fall more!


Its actually cold this week. I had to close the windows one day and bundle up. I loved it! Me and the kids have been drinking lots of hot chocolate with home made whip cream. Oh so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment