Sunday, November 6, 2011

Transforming home and soul

Are little house is located on a hill side over looking the ocean.  The view is breath taking and you can hear the waves constantly crashing from every room in the house. Many people from the mainland think that living on Maui means you are rich. Speaking for my family..we are by no means rich. Are mortgage might be extremely higher then a average person in the states but we also don't have all the other expenses. We don't have a car payment, we don't keep up with the Jones, etc. and we definitely don't have to buy three seasons worth of clothes:)  I love life on Maui and I love my little house by the ocean. Even thought it has taken a lot of work to get it were we have wanted it, it was well worth it. We learned many lessons along the way.

When we had are third child we decided we were out growing are condo. So we decided it was time to go house hunting. After many months of hunting we decided to a buy a brand new house in a brand new development. We would get to pick everything out and watch it build before our eyes. It was very exciting. I loved that home! It was just beautiful. The staircase opened to the whole house, vaulted ceilings, brand new everything and a study! Who has a study? :) As building started I went to take a trip back all by myself to see my family and when I came back my Husband said he wanted to show me something. He had found another home. I looked at him and said , "WHAT"? I could not believe that he was house hunting after we were already in the process of building are beautiful home. He told me to hear him out. So after he picked me up from the airport he drives me to are good friends neighborhood. I have always loved this neighborhood and most importantly loved the ocean view. He turns down the same street that are friends lived on and pulls up two doors away to a one story little house. He said " This is it". All I had in my mind was my brand new beautiful home getting built as we speak. The seller welcomed us with open arms and lets us come in and take a look around. It was apparent him and my husband had already talked many times. The seller were an older couple.  So sweet and loved are kids. They had built this house from the ground up. The home needed some TLC and was only a little bigger then are condo. I looked around with a smile on my face and was very gracious. My husband took my hand and guided me out to the back porch and said "This is why I love this home" I looked up at the beautiful open ocean and knew from that moment that this was are home. I am not saying that I moved in without kicking and screaming.
My heart was so attached to the big beautiful home that I had picked everything out in. The day I moved in this new home I cried. Not tears of happiness, tears of sadness. You might be thinking how spoiled I was or how ungrateful. I was!! I completely was. Even though this home was not brand new and it needed some work I did not know what God had for me in the end. I just saw what I wanted to see. We had no money to put into are home except money for new floors. Months went by and has I crossed one more thing of my list my heart started changing. I was the one working on my home making it what it was. Painting and being resourceful. God was turning ashes to beauty. He knew what this place could be and he knew what we needed. This home is a way better investment then the other home  and cost much less believe it or not and two this view has carried me threw many bad days. I was in bed for many months and stared out to the ocean and saw God, who he is, what he has done for us and whats to come.
There are still so many projects I would love to tackle around here. My yard could be on HGTVs worst yard episode but hey its all mine. This house has taught me so many heart issues that I needed to work out. The Lord is constantly working in me and working out all those places I have to fully give him. God doesn't always use a house but with this women he did and this house is a representation of that.  He knows what we need more then we know. God makes all things beautiful in his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment